What is Psychological Testing?
Psychological testing is a process by which a psychologist uses background information, testing data, and observation to help understand an issue or answer a question. This information is then compiled into a report that provides a detailed summary of the data collected, a person’s strengths and weaknesses, a diagnosis (if applicable), and next steps for treatment or intervention. Our goal is to help people understand their problem(s) or concern and give them a roadmap forward.
What Concerns or Questions does St. Raphael Provide Testing for?
St. Raphael provides comprehensive psychological testing services for the following issues & concerns:
- Adoption – Preadoption Evaluations
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Behavioral Concerns
- Cognitive Disorders
- Developmental Disorders
- General Mental Health Evaluations
- Learning Disorders – Dyslexia, Dysgraphia, Dyscalculia
- Mood Disorders
- Neurodevelopmental Disorders
- Personality Disorders
- Religious Life Evaluations – Seminary, Religious Orders, etc.
If you, your loved one, or child are in need of an evaluation, please give us a call or send us a message. We’d be happy to talk with you about our process and determine if psychological testing is something you need.